Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summertime and the living is easy..........

Hope everone is having a great Summer so far.... been busy with house stuff but a couple weeks back I tried out the new smoker that I broke down and finally bought. A couple years ago Mary and I went to Texas to vist her brother Tim, who took us out for some of the best smoked beef brisket I have ever had and I swore someday.......








Nothing fancy just a cheap dome shaped charcoal smoker I picked up. I used some montreal steak seasoning on the brisket to season it and Hickory wood to smoke it and 5 or 6 hours later...




Awesome piece of beef and I cant wait to do it again...Oh and if my eyes look a little red its from all that smoke :) honest!

Have a great summer and I'll try and find something more interesting to post soon!

3 comments:

  1. Damn, my invitation must have gotten lost in the mail! ;) Looks good Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian served up some of his brisket at our family reunion and it sure was good eats.
    Keep it up!!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What more could you want eh, Brian. Sadly it's anything but barbecue weather here in the UK...rain, rain and more rain. Good job I'm staying in chained to the drawing board then;)

    ReplyDelete